Club of Clockwork Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club of Clockwork Gentlemen

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GQ / Style.com Mention

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacob Cook
Crewthing
Crewthing

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-30

GQ / Style.com Mention Empty
PostSubject: GQ / Style.com Mention   GQ / Style.com Mention Icon_minitimeTue 02 Sep 2008, 6:05 am

(I think this might be the best board to post it in -- if not, feel free to move it!)

This autumn you may find that you're looking ever-trendy in your collar stays, flat cap, and suspenders!

I was perusing Style.com in my normal matter (what can I say, sometimes new clothes look good, too!) and noticed that Steampunk was mentioned in the "Reasons to Be Cheerful" slideshow. Despite referring to us as "dorktastic steampunk devotees," it is comforting to know that SP is becoming more accepted by the populous.

I also noticed that this year's Fall Fashions are suitable for a steampunk. The first of which, called "New Labor," shows some items like pinstripe jeans and things fit for a railroad engineer. The second, "Eastern Promise," has items with a distinct Russian romance feel to them, in my opinion. Finally, "Trad and True" marks a return to spiffy vintage styles. These clothes are, of course, not directly Victorian, but I feel are related enough to other influences on Steampunk to be classified as such.

Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

-Jacob Cook
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GQ / Style.com Mention   GQ / Style.com Mention Icon_minitimeWed 03 Sep 2008, 5:58 am

GQ... style... great, but....

Name all the print models
devoid of body hair
that can form metal?

Fashion is great
('Turn to the left!')
but I deprecate it.

Steampunk will smother itself
Given the chance to
Back to top Go down
Luella Dobson
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Luella Dobson

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: GQ / Style.com Mention   GQ / Style.com Mention Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 8:18 pm

I lol'd at what the guest said.

glad to hear that gents are being coached to look like gents. I actually saw a man the other day who was dressed very appealingly and it made me happy. Smile if we hadn't been walking opposite directions (if we were on the train platform or something) I would have struck up conversation with him.
Back to top Go down
http://lc3329.aisites.com
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character Document
Name: Ms Viola Ambrose
Health:
GQ / Style.com Mention Left_bar_bleue50/50GQ / Style.com Mention Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: GQ / Style.com Mention   GQ / Style.com Mention Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008, 3:23 pm

[quote="Luella Dobson"]glad to hear that gents are being coached to look like gents. quote]

Now all we have to do is get them to act like gents Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GQ / Style.com Mention   GQ / Style.com Mention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GQ / Style.com Mention
Page 1 of 1