Club of Clockwork Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club of Clockwork Gentlemen

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My galvanic proculvision-ordinator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Urban Chronotis
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Prof. Urban Chronotis

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-01

My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Empty
PostSubject: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 10:32 am

My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Meinamiga
This is my newest creation: Many machines in one: Jay Miner's phantastic spectographic ordinator (some people call it "Amiga 1200") and an galvanic telescope (TFT, able to display VGA, and normal television). And of course a phonograph.

The wooden construction is done by myself, but it is not ready yet. The brass frames for the monitor are still missing, the sound is not perfect, there are disturbances comming from the monitor. And I'm still using a common Amiga 2000 keyboard, I have to make my own steampunk keyboard.
The machine was in use at the "classic-computing 2008" in Moers/Germany (Classic Computing 2008). It is not only a steampunk decoration, and the Amiga is not only for gaming, but it has a real use in HAM-radio, to be exact for amateur televison as a testcard generator and as a display. It has an ethernet card, so I can use it for internet (as far as internet works with an Amiga 1200, with a 40 MHz 68030 CPU and 32 Mb RAM...).
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarkovision.de
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character Document
Name: Prof. Justin Throckmorton, Esq.
Health:
My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Left_bar_bleue50/50My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 9:34 pm

Spiffing. Simply... spiffing. It would benefit from a keyboard build along the line of the Datamancer/Von Slatt line.

Oh, and you should try your hand at a screen mod using a small CRT or flat screen and a fresnel lens, in the spirit of Brazil. Well, someone should. Maybe I will.

Maybe a working pic, showing the equipment screen of "The Chaos Engine"?
Back to top Go down
https://clockwork-gentlemen.forumieren.net
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character Document
Name: Ms Viola Ambrose
Health:
My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Left_bar_bleue50/50My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008, 3:35 pm

elShoggotho wrote:
Maybe a working pic, showing the equipment screen of "The Chaos Engine"?

Total agree, want a a finished pic as well, with mod keyboard

Did the amiga have a roller ball/ (joystick) you could mod
Back to top Go down
Prof. Urban Chronotis
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Prof. Urban Chronotis

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:06 pm

Of course the Amiga has a mouse and a joystick! I want ot mod both, of course :-) More pictures will follow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarkovision.de
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:08 pm

Why am I just thinking about an old Competition Pro joystick, with knob and buttons made of brass and a base made of wood? (at least looking like it)
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character Document
Name: Ms Viola Ambrose
Health:

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2008, 11:32 am

you mean this one??
My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Joysticknv9.th
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2008, 12:32 pm

Exactly that. The form is absolutely classic and captures the C64 and Amiga age, while painting it to resemble wood and brass would appeal to the steampunk side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My galvanic proculvision-ordinator   My galvanic proculvision-ordinator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My galvanic proculvision-ordinator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club of Clockwork Gentlemen :: English :: Widgets and Contraptions-
Jump to: