Club of Clockwork Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club of Clockwork Gentlemen

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread

Go down 
+2
Jennywren
elShoggotho
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character Document
Name: Prof. Justin Throckmorton, Esq.
Health:
Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/50Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:36 pm

"Yes... yes... there." Justin followed their pursuer with his spyglass until he vanished around a corner. He made it painfully sure that their pursuer would notice them entering the Crystal Palace, specifically the Ætheric Proceedings Exhibition, which was crowded enough to provide a good number of possible witnesses, but not overcrowded enough to lead to the loss of would-be pursuers.

"Mouse becomes cat", Justin exclaimed with a wild grin.
Back to top Go down
https://clockwork-gentlemen.forumieren.net
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character Document
Name: Ms Viola Ambrose
Health:
Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/50Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2008, 10:51 am

She smiled impressed by the driver ability to stop the monowheel on the icy London streets, and while Justin watched the pursuer, she rummaged through her bag to retrieve her hand muff (accidentally! activating the Alice’s (hidden in her book cover) Ætheric auditory and optical connection to both her and Simwell, she placed he hands in the muff ( feelling the cold hard metal of her husband revolver). She instructed simwell to report the monowheel stolen, and when he returned she handed him the bag, she knew he would never let it leave his grip without express orders from her. With everything in place she joined Justin as they entered the Ætheric Proceedings Exhibition.

Note (I’m assuming it’s Nov 6 1889, six months after the opening of the Eiffel tower, citing the Wikipedia: The tower was inaugurated on March 31, 1889, and opened on May 6. )

elShoggotho wrote:
The place: London.
The time: Beyond the timestream, roughly 1889. We start exactly six months after the grand opening of Gustave Eiffel's masterpiece,
Back to top Go down
T.Taylor The Third
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
T.Taylor The Third

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character Document
Name: Thomas W. TAylor III
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 5:23 am

ooc: okay im just putting in a breif filler in hopes someone can give me something to work with.

Thomas watched as they went inside the large, ornate building,. He was not at all happy about this because he could not, without invatation, enter the building by the normal means.
"great" he mumble to himself " now i have to find a way up to the roof and hope there is a hatch in it, or maybe a window....." he set out in search of a handhold on the building. unlikely with a building maade to look of crystal.
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 8:39 am

Justin was somewhat stumped. Here he was, inside the Crystal Palace, waiting for his pursuer to arrive. A most unpleasant situation, only lightened up by the lovely lady accompanying him.

After about fifteen minutes, he became a bit impatient. He casually walked over to one of the custodians and motioned him to give that gentleman an invitation on his behalf. He wrote a few quick lines.

"My dear Sir,
I've noticed your apparent interest in matters of mutual interest. Maybe we can discuss said matters inside, beneath the model of the first Edison Æthernautic Engine, while enjoying a good cup of Earl Grey. I'm looking forward to make your acquaintance. The custodians are instructed to accept this letter as an invitation.

Sincerely,
Justin Throckmorton, Esq."

He folded and sealed the letter, then instructed a nearby paperboy to deliver the letter, giving a sixpence as an incentive.
Back to top Go down
T.Taylor The Third
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
T.Taylor The Third

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 11:17 pm

ooc: there we go!

Trhomas was still trying to find a way up, when a young boy approched him and asked if he was chasing Mr. Throckmorton.
"uh.......why do you ask?" said Thomas
"well, i have a messege for him from Mr.Throckmorton."
"oh...well than yes , yes i am chasing him, he's my tar...ah....good friend."
The boy handed over the le messege and thomas gave him another sixpence and the boy dashed off.

"well," Thomas thought after reading the messege, "i usualy dont sit and talk with my marks but...i can't see any harm in it."
he walked briskly around the building and presented the letter to the doorman who let him pass...

"now where is that engine.."
Back to top Go down
Goggleyed
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Character Document
Name: Mr. Thaddeus James
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:03 am

Upon arrival at the dock, Mr. James swapped packages, sending the long rifle to an anonymous person in America and retrieving the rather large wooden box, stamped with oriental characters and a bit of the Queen's English, "Rigid Lustrium". Rigid Lustrium is a strange metal, incredibly soft in nature, yet with a quick blast of particled aether the brassy colored metal becomes harder then steel. Oddly enough this wonder material can only be found near Shangri-La. Its unique properties however, make this new material coveted above all others, especially for armor and blade manufacturers, which is precisely why Mr. Thaddeus James purchased a rather large shipment.
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Nov 2008, 8:27 pm

As she maintained the small talk with Justin, Ms Viola allowed ALICE to record the exhibits for latter detailed look, her eyes like those of her date of convenience, were constantly surveying the crowd, after while, he called a custodian and gave him a folded note, and with a sly smile on his face suggested we had a tea by the first Edison Æthernautic Engine display. as was only decent of me, i accepted , so far this man had proved of interest and a encyclopaedia of useless off world information. But she found the tension of the situation to be a far better entertainment then her dress fitting would have been. They sat and he order tea and cake for the both of them, and whiled away the time with mindless small talk.
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 3:41 pm

[OOC] I'll wait for a few more answers...
Back to top Go down
T.Taylor The Third
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
T.Taylor The Third

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 5:15 am

(ooc: fine i was waiting for you but hey whatever)

Thomas walked up to the table occupied by the woman and his mark.

feeling the need to be civil he sat down and orderd a cup of american coffee.

"so" he said "any reason in particular you wished to see me? i mean besides that i was following you."
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 12:25 pm

"Some reasons actually, good Sir. I'm quite aware that you're an inventor whose devices should be on display around here, even in the very heart of the Empire's scientific achievement. Disappearing from one place, travel down a stream of lumeniferous Æther, then reappearing somewhere else? Absolutely marvelous, quite on par with..." - and here, Justin's voice became a little hushed - "...Tesla's invention that looms above us." Louder again, Justin continued. "Ah, I see... that's a viable reason.
Now for your reasons to follow me. There's a good chance that one of my old enemies from back in the day hired you. Frankly, I'm quite astonished that I'm not dead yet, given your scientific prowess. Well, I know that you were following me all the way from the docks, which betrays a great amount of tenacity. I like that, and I want to use it to my advantage.
How might I convince you to help me turn the tables? What is your price? I might even be able to pull a few strings in the scientific community..."
Back to top Go down
DrJMRenfield
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
DrJMRenfield

Number of posts : 18

Character Document
Name: Dr. Jonas Mortimer Renfield
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 2:02 am

[OOC: Sorry I'm entering a bit late, but better late than never, I always say]

Dr. Renfield, sitting a few tables away from Prof. Throckmorton and his company, overheard the Æthernautic Engine being accredited to Tesla. This sparked his interest, having been sent to the exposition by Tesla himself to reveal Edison as a thief. He began scribbling down a note on the back of his calling card, "Tesla was indeed robbed."
He gave it to a waiter and nodded towards Throckmorton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmrenfieldinc.com
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 3:51 am

Justin was caught up in conversation with his adversary when the waiter arrived at his table. "The gentleman over there sends his regards", the waiter said, while passing the card. One Doctor Renfield, it said. Justin thought for only an instant, his brain-gears visibly breaking the speed of sound, before he motioned the waiter to invite the good doctor over.
Back to top Go down
DrJMRenfield
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
DrJMRenfield

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 10:41 am

Renfield picked up his top-hat and briefcase before sidling over to the table. He awkwardly pulled out the closest chair and sat down, nodding in acknowledgment to everyone at the table. "You sent for me, sir?"
He looked around, and remembered the lady at the table. He quickly removed his hat, "Sincere apologies, Miss."
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 1:32 pm

She had watch quitely as the man approached, he had given little thought and for her that was fine, the less attention he had on her the more options she had, she listened as Throckmorton. and this man whom she recognised from the docks, made pleasentries..
She had noticed that their quite but intense conversation was drawing some notice, and that one off those faces, summoned a waiter over.

A card was delivered to Throckmorton., who after a a quick read invited the guest over.

He seated himself, and turned to me and apologiesed

"Your apologies are without cause, as i find this whole matter most intresting, and as my other two companions seem to be too deap in their conversation , let me introduce myself, I am Ms Viola Ambrose"
Back to top Go down
Goggleyed
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 7:35 am

Mr. James gave his card to the overseer stating simply, "Take the package to this address, leave it near the furnace." He rubbed his hands free of dust staring off into the distance towards the glittering light that Thaddeus assumed came from the Exposition. 'Well, I have some time, why not see view the new wonders of the modern age,' Thaddeus thought in a sarcastic tone as he tipped his hat farewell to the dock hands and strolled towards the halls of science and wonder.
Back to top Go down
DrJMRenfield
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
DrJMRenfield

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 10:29 pm

"Pleased to meet you, Ms. Ambrose. My name is Dr. Jonas Renfield, here on behalf of Dr. Nikola Tesla." He looked around nervously to see if anyone overheard, breathing a sigh of relief when he realized he wasn't the center of attention at the moment.
He reached into his coat, pulled out a flask and took a swig of it's contents.
"How do you expose a world-renowned inventor as a thief?" He asked to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 3:27 am

[ooc] Waiting for answers here, don't want to play basically alone.
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Jennywren

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Dec 2008, 7:02 am

[ooc] needed something to get this on the move Wink
She scanned the crowd, while watching her companions, could she trust them, she hoped so, the decision was made for her when ALICE’s Nuntronic Olfactory Synchrony Extractor sounded in her ear piece.

“Gentlemen, I must interrupt” she switched to a tone she knew would slice their conversation.

“I must apologise, I have been followed, and as such have placed you in some danger, this was not my intention. “
“In a few seconds there will be a distraction, we must leave as quickly as possible”
Simwell hands her a small glass cylinder as she stands up, a nearby waiter turns and a look of panic crosses his face.

She throws the cylinder onto the floor, shattering it, from it is released a slight smell of lemons Immediately the waiter goes into convulsions, as do a couple two tables away, and a man standing by the nearest exit.

She kicks away a strangely shaped blade from the waiters hand, and for those that listen, the click of a revolvers hammer being cocked emanates from her and warmer
Back to top Go down
DrJMRenfield
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
DrJMRenfield

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Dec 2008, 9:03 am

Renfield put on his top-hat, grabbed his briefcase and jumped up, exclaiming, "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME JUST HAPPENED?!"
He proceeded to pull a small pepperbox out of his waistcoat,
"I shall see you all outside. And I demand a further explanation in the name of science!"

He turned on the heel of his boot and bolted towards the exit, shoving people out of the way and waving his pepperbox in the air madly.
"MOVE YOU FIENDS! I'M A SCIENTIST!"

It wasn't until he reached the door that he remembered his assignment. With one foot out the door, he turned and yelled "Edison was a theif! Tesla built The Engine!"
After catching the evil eye from a distinguished older gentleman near him, he ran out the door and closed it behind him, hoping for a moment to catch his breath.
Back to top Go down
Goggleyed
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Dec 2008, 2:12 am

Mr. James was about to open the door when it was opened for him, then a very strange scientific looking man sort of, spun, his way out of the building. Thaddeus eyed the massive pepperbox pistol in his hand and felt his hand drifting to the metalworking sledge jammed into his belt. Thaddeus took his eyes off the man and peered inside the magnificent structure before him, oddly enough there appeared to be a tussle occurring inside.
"Pardon me, Sir," Mr. James said as he tipped his hat and opened the door in front of him, he could already smell the unusually strong scent of lemons when he stepped into the building.
Back to top Go down
elShoggotho
Master Gearmancer
Master Gearmancer
elShoggotho

Character Document
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 7:50 am

"Wait! WAIT!", Justin shouted, but it was too late. That charming madman was on his way out. Well, now he knew how that person looked. Maybe a drawing would suffice to find him again.

"Well, Sir, let's get straight to the point", he said, after turning back to Mr. Taylor. "Whoever sent you must have a really good reason to see that I don't return to London. I already had similar encounters on Mars, most of them ending disagreeable. I'm not in the mood to play with you, so I make you this offer: Work for me. Whatever someone paid you, I might offer more, including a chance to show your magnificent invention to someone who matters."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread   Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Juggernauts of the Skies - Game Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2